LINKS focuses on various fundamental problems related to Small and Large-scale Autonomy. In particular, the main research areas include Cyber-physical Systems, Robotics, Motion Planning, AI, Collaborative Robotics, Industrial Robots, Autonomous Vehicles, Distributed Intelligent Systems, Sensor Networks, Smart Grids, Smart Manufacturing, Resilient Systems, Data Analytics, Information Fusion, and Diagnostics & Prognostics of Complex Systems.
Selected Recent Publications
- “Multi-objective Optimization for Cost-efficient and Resilient Machining under Tool Wear”, Journal of Advanced Manufacturing and Processing, 2022.
- “ε*: An Online Coverage Path Planning Algorithm”, IEEE Transactions on Robotics, 2018.
- “T*: Time-Optimal Risk-Aware Motion Planning for Curvature Constrained Vehicles”, IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters, 2019.
- “CARE: Cooperative Autonomy for Resilience and Efficiency of Robotic Teams for Complete Coverage of Unknown Environments under Robot Failures”, Autonomous Robots, 2020.
- “CT-CPP: Coverage Path Planning for 3D Terrain Reconstruction using Dynamic Coverage Trees”, IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters, 2022.
- "Rapid Path-planning for Dubins Vehicles under Environmental Currents”, Robotics and Autonomous Systems, 2020.
- “POSE.R: Prediction-based Opportunistic Sensing for Resilient and Efficient Sensor Networks”, ACM Transactions on Sensor Networks, 2020.
- “POSE.3C: Prediction-based Opportunistic Sensing using Distributed Classification, Clustering and Control in Heterogeneous Sensor Networks ”, IEEE Transactions on Control of Network Systems, 2019.
- “POSE: Prediction-based Opportunistic Sensing for Energy-efficiency of Sensor Networks using Distributed Supervisors”, IEEE Transactions on Cybernetics, 2018.
- “Topological Characterization and Early Detection of Bifurcations and Chaos in Complex Systems”, Chaos: An International Journal of Nonlinear Science, 2017.
- “Supervisory Control for Resilient Chiller Plants under Condenser Fouling”, IEEE Access, 2017.
- “Optimal Sensor Selection and Fusion for Heat Exchanger Fouling Diagnosis in Aerospace Systems”, IEEE Sensors Journal, 2016.
- "Target Detection and Classification Using Seismic and PIR Sensors”, IEEE Sensors Journal, 2012.
- "Sumbolic Analysis of Sonar Data for Underwater Target Detection", IEEE Journal of Oceanic Engineering, 2011.
- “Fractal Analysis of Crack Initiation in Polycrystalline Alloys using Surface Interferometry”, Euro Physics Letters, 2012.
- “Statistical Mechanics Inspired Optimization of Sensor Field Configuration for Detection of Mobile Targets”, IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics: Part B- Cybernetics, 2011.
- "Statistical Mechanics of Complex Systems for Pattern Identification", Journal of Statistical Physics, 2009.